Gnd Millwork values and respects the privacy of its customers and visitors. In the course of operating our business and interacting with you, we collect, use, and share personal information. We do so to process and fulfill your orders, to improve our in-store and digital offerings, to create consistent in-store and digital experiences for you, to protect the rights and information of our customers and our company, and for the other purposes disclosed in this Privacy and Security Statement.
This Privacy and Security Statement provides you with information about how we collect, use, and share personal information, and describes choices and rights available regarding your personal information.
About This Statement
This Privacy and Security Statement describes the privacy practices of GND Millwork and its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, brands, and other companies that link to this Privacy and Security Statement (collectively, “GND Millwork,” “our,” “us,” or “we”). It applies to the information we collect in association with your interactions with us, including, but not limited to:
- Use of our websites, including mobile websites
- Visits to our stores or attendance at our events
- Use of our applications for mobile phones, tablets, or other smart devices
- Phone and email communications with us
- Social media interactions on our websites and other third party websites like Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Twitter
- Viewing our online advertisements or emails
- Interactions with our authorized service providers
It also applies to personal information that we receive from business partners and other third parties. You can find out more information about our collection of personal information below.
If you are applying for a job with us, please see the end of this Privacy and Security Statement regarding our practices with respect to the information we collect in association with your application. The remainder of this Privacy and Security Statement does not apply to applicant information.
What Do We Collect?
As noted above, we collect personal information when you visit our stores, when you contact us, when you interact with or use our digital offerings, and from business partners and other third parties.
The table below describes the categories of personal information we collect, the sources we collect the information from, our purposes for collecting the information, and the types of recipients that may receive the information from us. And you can find more details in the “What Do We Collect?,” “How Do We Collect Information?,” and “Information Sharing” sections that follow.
CATEGORY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
IDENTIFIERS, such as name, email address, phone number, username, physical address, device identifier, IP address, government-issued identification number, date of birth/age, license plate number, and social media handle.
WHERE DO WE COLLECT IT FROM?
Directly from you or the devices you use to access digital services, such as websites, mobile applications, and applications for connected devices.
Other customers that may provide us with your information to recommend a product or service, ship products to you, or list you as a recipient of products or services.
Companies that provide services on our behalf (e.g., installers).
Security and fraud prevention services that help us confirm that transactions are valid and otherwise help us protect our assets and you.
Marketing companies that help us learn about our customers and the devices they use to access digital content.
Companies that supplement our customer records with additional information.
Shipping providers that update address information.
Social media platforms.
Advertising companies and content publishers that present you with our ads.
Payment and transaction processors.
Communications and mailing vendors.
The signals emitted by your mobile devices when you travel through our stores.
WHY DO WE COLLECT IT?
Fulfilling orders and processing returns.
Administering contests and promotions.
Registering you for a website or program.
Communicating with you.
Improving our products and services, including improving store layouts and digital content.
Learning about customer trends and interests.
Personalizing digital content.
Delivering marketing communications and advertising.
Identifying the devices you use to access digital content.
Fraud prevention, security, and asset protection.
WHO DO WE SHARE IT WITH?
Service providers that process information on our behalf, such as shipping vendors, providers of digital analytics services, and fraud prevention.
Manufacturers of products and providers of extended warranty services.
Joint marketing partners.
Financial services companies, such as for home improvement loans, processing payments, and for managing GND Millwork credit card accounts.
Any successor to all or part of our business.
Advisors and consultants.
Law enforcement, public and government authorities, and other entities as we deem reasonably necessary to comply with law, support investigations, and protect the rights and property of you, us, and others.
Our affiliates and subsidiaries.
How Do We Collect Information?
We collect information directly from you.
For example, we collect information when you:
- Visit our stores or other facilities
- Register for an account or complete a survey
- Make an online or in-store purchase
- Use an online forum, submit a question or answer to our Product Q & A, provide us with comments or reviews, or contact our call centers
- Upload or share a photo, submit a request, submit information, or post other digital content through one of our websites, applications or via social media interactions on third party websites like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter
- Register for one of our programs or offers
- Participate in a sweepstakes, contest, promotion, program, clinic, or workshop
- Rent equipment or vehicles or request a quote, warranty, or other information
- Return a product or use a rebate
- Request we send you an electronic copy of your in-store receipt
- Apply or inquire about employment
- Submit information via our websites, mobile websites, or applications
We collect information from you passively.
We use tools like browser cookies, flash cookies, pixel tags, and web beacons to collect information when you use our websites and applications or interact with our emails. For more information about these tools and the choices you may have, please read the Our Tracking Tools section. And we use cameras and other technologies in our stores, in parking lots and at other facilities to learn about customer traffic and for fraud prevention, security, and asset protection
We collect information from Affiliates of GND Millwork.
We may receive information about you from companies that are controlled by or under common control with GND Millwork (our “Affiliates”).
We collect information from third parties.
- In the course of serving you and operating our business, we collect information from a variety of third parties. For example, we collect information from:
- Shipping companies
- Subscription providers
- Your friends and contacts
- Marketing companies that help us learn about consumer interests and trends
- Companies that supplement our customer records with additional information
- Online advertising and analytics providers
- Social media platforms
- Mailing vendors
- Public records resources
- Suppliers of property information
- Companies that help us process payments
- Service providers that operate on our behalf and collect information
- Financial institutions and other companies that help provide or support financial products and offers
- Security and fraud prevention providers
- Manufacturers and other businesses with which we conduct joint offers or programs
How Do We Use Information?
Here are some examples of how we use the information we collect:
To respond to you and provide you with goods and services you request.
- Fulfilling orders, ensuring proper delivery, or providing services (such as delivering an electronic copy of your receipt)
- Administering your participation in a contest, sweepstakes, or other promotion or sending you prizes you might have won
- Registering you for a particular website, loyalty program, or extended warranty service, or providing you with information regarding such programs or services
- Processing a return (to learn more about our Returns Policy, click here)
- Responding to a product or service review
To improve our business, products, and services.
- Improving our websites, mobile applications, and applications for other connected devices
- Identifying ways to make our products and services better
- Improving store layouts
- Developing new ways to purchase and browse our products and services
- Personalizing the content on our digital services (e.g., websites, mobile applications, and connected device applications) so you have a consistent experience
To identify and assess website and device application trends and customer interests.
- Recommending products and services that may interest you
Identifying the devices you use to interact with us so that we can provide you with a consistent experience
- Identifying your interests based on your interactions with us and information we have received from third parties or publicly available sources
- Updating our product inventories to meet projected demand
For security and asset protection purposes.
- In-store, parking lot, and facility cameras track store traffic and stock
Mitigating credit losses
- Confirming the identity of our customers who rent trucks or certain types of tools or equipment
- Retrieving unreturned tools or other equipment
- Processing and tracking returns
- Detecting and preventing fraud and malicious activities on our digital offerings and in your accounts
For our marketing.
- Sending you communications about special GND Millwork promotions or offers via regular mail, email, phone, or other electronic channels, including ads on social media platforms
- Sending you newsletters and other information you have requested
- Informing you of new in-store or digital products and service offerings
- Passing along information about offers from our Affiliates and other companies we think you might find interesting
You can update certain marketing communications preferences by following the instructions in the Manage Marketing Preferences section below.
To provide you with ads and other communications that align with your interests, we may use information collected across different online services and collected from the various devices you use. For example, if you view a product on our website or mobile application, we may arrange for you to see ads for that product or similar products on our or third party websites and applications.
To communicate with you about your account or our relationship.
- Updating you regarding shipping, product availability, product recalls, warranty information, or rebates
- Sending you other transactional or relationship communications
For employment purposes.
- Processing and responding to your application for or inquiry regarding employment with us.
For social media engagement.
- When you engage with our content on or through social networking websites, plug-ins and applications, you may allow us to have access to certain social media account information (e.g., name, username, email address, gender) as determined by the settings of the social media platforms to deliver the content or as part of the operation of the website, plug-in or application
- Such social media platforms may collect information about your use of our services and may notify other users of the platform about your activities on our websites and device applications
For other uses we may disclose to you.
- We may also use information for purposes disclosed to you at the point of collection, as authorized by you, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
We may share your information for our business purposes and as legally required or permitted by law. Please see below for examples of circumstances in which we share information.
With third parties who perform services on our behalf.
- Service providers, such as our delivery service providers who ship and deliver your orders
- Providers of security and payment services
- Shipping and mailing vendors
- Providers of digital analytics services
- Third parties that help us communicate with you
- Marketing and advertising companies that help us learn about our customers or deliver advertisements
- We might also share information with the vendors and manufacturers of our products and services to respond to your reviews and questions
In association with financial products.
- We share information with these third parties so that they can provide you with tailored information about products and services and special offers
- These third parties also have their own privacy statements that set out the manner in which they will collect, use and disclose personal information
- We encourage you to review each third party’s privacy statement at the time you submit your application for such financial products
To provide extended warranty services.
- If you purchase a GND Millwork Extended Warranty Service you will be required to provide information such as your name and address to our warranty service providers
- We limit by contract the ways they may use your information to provide GND Millwork Extended Warranty Services
- We encourage you to review each service provider’s privacy statement at the time you submit your personal information for such services
With any successor to all or part of our business.
- For example, if all or part of our business is sold or otherwise acquired, we may sell or disclose our customer lists and other personal information we collect in preparation for or as part of that transaction
If we think we have to in order to comply with the law.
- For example, we will disclose information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may also disclose information if a government agency or investigatory body requests it
With our business partners.
- For example, we might share information with one of our Affiliates or a business partner who is running a joint promotion with us or who provides a product or service in partnership with us
And we may share information with joint marketing partners
With advertising and marketing partners.
- To manage and deliver advertising, including by placing ads on the websites and applications you access
- To measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns
- To identify the ads you have already seen, so that you don’t have to see the same ads too many times
- To better understand your preferences and interests
For security and fraud prevention.
- We will disclose information to detect, prevent, and investigate fraud or unlawful activities
- We may also disclose information to collect debts or recover unreturned rental items
At your direction.
- For example, if you ask us to provide your information to a third-party to facilitate the delivery of services or resolution of a dispute
Below, please find information about our disclosures of personal information for our business purposes:
Identifiers, Commercial Information, and Property Information
- Disclosed to: Service providers; Product Manufacturers and Extended Warranty Providers; Joint Marketing Partners; Financial Service Companies; Advisors and Consultants; Law Enforcement, Public and Government Authorities, and Others; Affiliates and Subsidiaries; Advertising Partners and Marketing Companies; and Successors to All or Part of Our Business.
Internet Activity, Demographic Information, Location Information, Employment Information, and Inferences:
- Disclosed to: Service providers; Joint Marketing Partners; Advisors and Consultants; Law Enforcement, Public and Government Authorities, and Others; Affiliates and Subsidiaries; Advertising Partners and Marketing Companies; and Successors to All or Part of Our Business.
- Disclosed to: Service Providers; Financial Service Companies; Advisors and Consultants; Law Enforcement, Public and Government Authorities, and Others; Affiliates and Subsidiaries; and Successors to All or Part of Our Business.
Video/Audio Recordings and Biometric Information
- Disclosed to: Service Providers; Advisors and Consultants; Law Enforcement, Public and Government Authorities, and Others; Affiliates and Subsidiaries; and Successors to All or Part of Our Business.
We do not share your information with third parties in exchange for money. We do share certain personal information in exchange for insights and other valuable services. California law treats such sharing as a “sale” even if no money is exchanged.
- Identifiers, Internet Activity, Commercial Information, Demographic Information, Location Information, and Inferences:
- Disclosed to: Advertising Partners and Marketing Companies.
Manage Marketing Preferences
You can register or change your preferences to receive or not receive marketing communications from us by clicking here. Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed. Even if you opt out of receiving marketing messages, we may still contact you for transactional purposes like confirming or following up on an order or service request, responding to customer service inquiries, asking you to review a product or service you have ordered, or notifying you of product recalls or rebates. And you may continue to see general audience marketing, such as GND Millwork ads on other websites that are placed based on the content available on the sites. If you later opt back into getting marketing communications from us, we will remove your information from our opt-out databases.
Registered website users can update their information at the My Account section of our website. If you are not a registered website user, refer to the Contact Us section below for information about how you can contact us.
When you place orders on our websites or through our mobile applications, all of your order information, including your credit card number and delivery address, is transmitted through the Internet using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL technology causes your browser to encrypt your order information before transmitting it to our secure server. SSL technology, an industry standard, is designed to prevent someone other than operators of our websites from capturing and viewing your personal information.
While we use industry standard means to protect our websites and your information, the Internet is not 100% secure. The measures we use are appropriate for the type of information we collect. We cannot promise that your use of our websites or mobile applications will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. Online access to your personal information is protected with a password you select. We strongly recommend that you do not share your password and that you use unique passwords for all of your online accounts.
Our websites contain links to third party websites. If you click on one of those links, you will be taken to websites we do not control. This Privacy and Security Statement does not apply to the information practices of those websites. You should read the privacy policies of other websites carefully. We are not responsible for third party websites.
Our Tracking Tools
Tracking Tools We Use
We collect personal and other information using digital tracking tools, such as cookies and web beacons, when you use our websites or mobile applications, interact with our emails or applications provided on connected devices, or otherwise engage with our digital offerings. We also partner with third parties that collect information this way. These third parties may place similar tracking tools on our websites, applications, and advertising to facilitate tracking, advertising, and measurement services.
The tools may collect information about your activities over time and on various digital services offered by us or others.
The tools that we, our vendors, and third parties use include:
- Browser and flash cookies. Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other connected device to identify your browser or to store information or settings. Your browser may provide the ability to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. Flash cookies generally can be disabled only by accessing Adobe Flash settings (information available here)
- Server logs, which record information about the device, browser, operating system, network, and other resources you use to access our digital services
- Web beacons and pixels. These are small electronic images deployed on websites and emails that collect information about how users interact with content
- Application software. Software in our mobile and other connected-device applications collects information about how you interact with the digital services
We, our service providers, and third parties use the information collected via these tools to:
- Identify new visitors and users
- Recognize returning customers
- Learn how you came to access our digital services
- Keep you logged into our digital services
- Personalize your experience on our website, device applications, and third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications
- Identify your location as determined by the IP address of your devices
- Optimize and tailor our websites and device applications
- Make product recommendations and provide you with advertising content in which we think you will be interested. As part of this customization, we may observe your behaviors on our device applications, our websites, or on other websites and applications. We may also get information about your browsing history and online activities from our trusted business partners and vendors
- Better understand our audience, our customers, our website visitors and device application users, and their respective interests, including by learning about your online activities across devices
- Provide correct pricing and ads for the local store you select
Online Interest-Based Ads
We work with digital advertising and marketing companies to provide you with ads that meet your interests and that enhance your experience with us. These ads may be displayed on websites or device applications operated by us or third parties, and they may be based on information about your activities or preferences collected by us or third parties. For example, if you visit another website and provide your ZIP code, you may see advertising for products available at The Home Depot Store near you on another website. We work with third parties to monitor and optimize ad delivery so that you don’t receive the same ad too many times and to determine whether you were interested in the ads. As noted above, these third parties collect information with their own cookies, pixels, and related tracking technology.
Certain coalitions of advertisers allow consumers to opt out of receiving interest-based advertising from members of the coalitions. Please follow the links below to opt out of receiving interest-based advertising from members of these coalitions. You will need to exercise these opt outs on each browser on each device for which you wish to opt out of interest-based advertising.
Digital Advertising Alliance opt out
Network Advertising Initiative opt out
Some of the social media platforms we work with may serve you with interest-based advertising on their platforms. In addition to or instead of the opt out mechanism linked above, you may be able to opt out of their interest-based advertising by changing your advertising preferences in the platforms after you log in.
Limit the use of mobile device advertising identifiers: You can adjust your advertising preferences on mobile devices through your device settings:
- iOS Devices: Go to Settings > Privacy > Advertising (at the bottom of the screen) > Turn on Limit Ad Tracking
- Android Devices: Go to Google Settings > Ads > Opt Out of Interest-Based Ads
When you opt out of receiving targeted advertising, you may still see general audience advertising regarding our products and services. We may deliver advertising to a general audience or place advertising on websites and other platforms that relate to our advertisements. For example, if you opt out of targeted advertising and visit a do-it-yourself website, you may see advertising on the website that promotes products and services related to the content.
Controlling Our Tracking Tools
This section provides you with information about the options available to you to control our tracking tools.
Disable browser cookies: Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies, some of which may enable third parties to collect data about your use of our websites. You can adjust your browser settings to block all cookies. Certain browsers also allow you to limit the blocking of cookies to specific websites. Instructions for blocking cookies on commonly used browsers can be found at the links below. You will need to adjust the settings on each browser and on each device for which you wish to block cookies. Please note that disabling cookies may limit the functionality of our websites.
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Chrome: Instructions for blocking cookies from a specific website
- Firefox: Instructions for blocking cookies from a specific website
As described on our Exercise Your Privacy Rights page here, if you disable cookies on your browser, our Opt Out of Sale tool will no longer work.
Disable Flash cookies: Third parties may collect data about your usage of our websites via Flash cookies. To disable Flash cookies, follow these instructions. This setting will need to be adjusted on each device for which you wish to block Flash cookies.
Our “Do Not Track” policy: Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These browser features are not uniform. So, we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
We may update this section from time to time with information about new tools that may be available to you to register your preferences.
Your Choices Regarding Location Information
If you use our mobile websites, mobile applications, or other smart device applications we may collect location data obtained from your device. If you use our websites, we may collect location data obtained from your IP address. We use this location data to find our nearest store to you, provide product pricing and availability at our stores near you, provide you with coupons and other offers based on your location, and provide driving directions to our stores. Certain of our device applications may also use this information to determine if you are shopping in one of our stores. If you are, we present you information relevant to in-store customers. For many devices, you can disable our collection of location information in the settings menu of your device or via device portals.